Tween & Teen Titans
Public / Member Group
Public / Member Group
You Must Join the Group if:
-> You want to adjust your email setting specific for this group and receives important notices by the group owner. Check your spam/junk mailbox for Chaos emails.
-> You want to appear in the Top Member Group Leadership Board.
- Leader06/09/2020 at 7:01 AM
I know some of aren’t doing anything for summer really. I don’t think it is really ready for vacations. I am seriously don’t want to deal with the Covid-19 in case it is still around and I have a feeling it will be around awhile. If we do go anywhere just be a day trip.
Do you have any plans for the summer?
- Member06/09/2020 at 8:40 AM
I agree. This pandemic is not done and will be around for some time. People just might as well get used to this “new normal.” They have so much to learn yet about this virus. It is way too soon to lift precautions.
No summer plans vacation-wise here. My older daughter will be moving in with us soon. THAT will be an adjustment in this small two-bedroom duplex we are living in. Anna is looking forward to it. She loves her big sister.
Leah is 32 and in the middle of medical and mental health tests when this virus hit. She was living in a large three story condo with two housemates. The condo sold and they have to be out by the end of July. The other two have found places but with the pandemic and all she is in a bind right now.
Anna and I are nervous about the virus and Leah coming from near Minneapolis but I won’t turn any of my kids away in a crisis.
So those are our plans for the summer so far – moving Leah in, adjusting and dealing with the new normal.
- Leader06/09/2020 at 8:48 AM
Oh yes I do agree that will be a big adjustment but you guys can get through it.
- Member06/10/2020 at 6:40 AM
Simply put, for now, our summer plans are debunked. As of this Friday, June 12, while physical distancing of six feet is still mandatory, groups limits have been raised from five to ten. Also, bars, restaurants, hair salons and personal services, campgrounds and parks are all open now.
The normal summer plans of what to do with these not so little monkeys now is back haunting us. Summer camps are out for Brianna because of her age as she shows no more interest, and there is nothing to send Bethany to. They would love another week at a horse riding school, so we are looking into that. Some travel will fill the gaps of the summer for them but we are going to have much more time to “fill” than any other previous summer. Brianna is capable of babysitting her sister for the odd day, but that is very taxing on her at her age and Bethany tends not to be the most cooperative child for her sister to look after.
We will need to watch and see I guess.
- Leader06/23/2020 at 6:47 AM
I know how that is. We was suppose to move to Phrase 3 but nope our numbers raised so we are still in Phrase 2 so I am not sure we are going to do anything for our wedding anniversary.
- Member06/23/2020 at 7:59 AM
We are anticipating Phase 3 in about two weeks. Because we live in the most populated province in Canada, there are still regions that need improvement. We can go to any restaurants or pubs, but outside patio seating only.
I am waiting to enroll Bethany in a week long summer camp. If it includes horses again, Brianna said she would be interested as well.
- Leader06/23/2020 at 8:10 AM
I was hoping for Phrase 3 but it isn’t happening for us this time. But I will get over it. I just want a hair cut and Brianna will need her eyes checked soon. I am not taking us anywhere until I know it is fully opened.
- Member06/23/2020 at 9:10 AM
Here in this city, with a population in the greater city area of 1.6 million and a week with no new COVID-19 cases, I think we are fairly safe here at this time. Right from the beginning we went out but were cautious and responsible.
- Leader06/23/2020 at 12:03 PM
Wish our state was. 🙁
- Member06/23/2020 at 6:14 PM
We hadn’t made any plans when the pandemic and isolation/lockdown hit so the only thing that was affected was church camp for the kids. Due to the need to stay distanced and no inter-provincial travel in person camps were cancelled however they came up with a digital option. Now each of the camps will meet once a week during July (on Zoom) and the kids will get a camp shirt and activity pack. Each week they’ll have a different themed activity to do together as a group (online) and something to do on their own between meetings. They are also doing a photography seminar that a friend of mine is hosting. This started last week and goes to the 2nd week of July.
No plans for Aug beyond watching very closely for the new of how school is going to work in the fall and getting them ready for it. My mom suggested that she comes to get them and take them to their place in Alberta for a week but we aren’t sure. Numbers are still high (and climbing despite re-opening) in their area and my dad is very vulnerable to respiratory illnesses and distress so I don’t want to add to the risk of that. We aren’t telling the kids about this idea yet because we don’t want to get their hopes up just to have to say no if things don’t improve significantly before then.
- Leader06/25/2020 at 6:21 AM
I do understand! I wouldn’t tell them the idea not yet. Our numbers are going up again also. I am def. keeping my daughter close to home. I am also thinking of for real homeschooling her this year but we are talking about it.