2019 Cafemom Reunion

• 2019 Cafemom Reunion

debrajm updated 1 week ago 19 Members · 54 Posts
  • chaosity

Leader
    11/17/2019 at 4:16 AM

Where have you been? What have you been up to?

I meant to do a reunion back in May. I got a little busy with my job situation. I know this is a little late. Better now than never!

Tell us who you were or at least use your Cafemom username when replying (nonmember) to the thread. If you are a member of the community tell us who you were when you were on Cafemom.

What groups did you hang out at?

Do you still visit Cafemom and read their blogs?

Do you miss it?

What do you miss the most?

What do you not miss?

Where are you hanging out now?

Tell us how you have been doing. Has your life been better since the community shut down?

~ Living in Chaos ~

• chaosity

Leader
    11/17/2019 at 4:37 AM

Don’t be strangers! Speak up!

~ Living in Chaos ~

• iluv2meow

11/17/2019 at 5:23 AM

Most know me as iluv2meow, ResidentCat, and BadKitty.

I created Mom’s Tiki Hut when Cafemom closed. It has been an adventure maintain that site. It has been easy. I learned a lot.

I am in school working on my Master’s Degree in education. I am excited about my new direction in life. 

I don’t know how many people knew I had a profound hearing loss. I am looking into getting the Cochlear Implant. If you have one I would love to hear your experience and feedback.

I mostly hang out in Tiki and now here. Things got a busy for me for awhile. 

I hope to see a lot of people from CM! I think an annual quick reunion would be nice. I don’t know if anyone else did one. If you did let us know!

• Iamcafemom83

11/17/2019 at 5:41 AM

I had joined cafemom when my oldest was a baby. She just turned 12! (Missing a middle school group to check in with now that she is no longer in elementary. We have had some speed bumps this school year!).Kept seeing ads for it on MySpace and decided to join. Never thought I’d stay with it til the bitter end! After it shut down, I was on a FB group and it’s been good. I joined reddit later and that seems to have filled the cafemom absence for me. Though–it isn’t the same!! In the parents’ groups there are no crazy posts–mostly all business!! But still some great groups. I am actually surprised there isn’t a cafemom subreddit.

I occasionally visit the cafemom site. Now and then friends post links and I will read the articles. Not very often, though.  Definitely was an entertaining place to go. I do miss that! 

• chaosity

Leader
      11/17/2019 at 5:59 AM

Just curious is the Reddit group still active? I never did find it again. I tried to search but I only find dead groups or whatever you call them. Rofl

My youngest was also a baby when I joined and she is now Thirteen! Wow, that seems like a LONG TIME!

~ Living in Chaos ~

• honeyrder

11/17/2019 at 6:32 AM

Never could figure out reddit. It’s messy. A lot of the cafemom replacements are/were for me.

• chaosity

Leader
      11/17/2019 at 6:42 AM

Reddit is kind of hard to follow.

~ Living in Chaos ~

• honeyrder

11/17/2019 at 6:45 AM

How can you submit when a gif is bigger? Need to be on desktop?

• chaosity

Leader
      11/17/2019 at 6:51 AM

Turn your phone sideways

~ Living in Chaos ~

• lindar

11/17/2019 at 9:08 AM

For those who don’t remember or know me, I am Linda, formerly Linda_Runs.  I joined the original Cafemom back in 2013.

• chrissy

11/19/2019 at 10:30 AM

Hey girl 

Ricksmama

• debrajm

11/24/2019 at 9:16 PM

Hi Linda!! πŸ™‚ I remember you!! πŸ™‚ How have you been? How is your hubby And your girls? I hope you will have a great Thanksgiving! πŸ™‚

• mandy

11/17/2019 at 5:08 PM

I have no idea what my cafemom name was. But some of you ladies know me by Amanda or Mandy. πŸ™‚ 

• turtle68

11/17/2019 at 5:17 PM

Hello….had a huge post but it didnt give me a post button…now it has but I cant be bothered typing.
    Ive been on facebook LOL

• chaosity

Leader
      11/17/2019 at 5:25 PM

Are you the turtle that the cat would ride your back?

~ Living in Chaos ~

• turtle68

11/17/2019 at 5:28 PM

thats me….you loved me πŸ™‚ 

• chaosity

Leader
          11/17/2019 at 5:35 PM

OMG OMG I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!!! Every time I see a Turtle I think of YOU!

~ Living in Chaos ~

• jeanny

11/17/2019 at 6:13 PM

Hi!   I also joined CM when my oldest was a baby (back in 2007 when the community was still newish), she turned 13 in Aug and her brother is 11. My screen name on CM was PrincessAsMommy. The groups I was in mainly were Canadian Mom’s Getaway, TOFY, and a siggies group that changed names on a pretty regular basis. I was also a member of 40 Something and the New Comers group. I haven’t been back very often but I check out the headlines once in a while and will read a blog if it looks good. I think what I miss the most is having friends that I’d known most of the time I’d been a member and sharing life and all of the ups and downs of raising kids and being an older mom.

Since saying goodbye to CM I’ve been splitting my time between FB and Tiki Hut. The kids have been keeping us busy with everything that comes with tween and young teens. This summer we spent 3 weeks in Denmark visiting the in-laws (fil and his gf both turn 75 this year) and celebrating Anja’s 13th birthday. Now we’re enjoying a quiet Nov while we gear up for all the crazy that comes with December Blush

Christmasname

• chaosity

Leader
      11/18/2019 at 10:39 AM

November and December are crazy busy months! Thanks for sharing. I think it is awesome people are sticking together.

~ Living in Chaos ~

• MayasCalling

11/18/2019 at 7:05 AM

Good ole Cafemom.  It is hard to believe that it has been a year and a half now, since that place has shut dow.n.  For me, it has been a mixed blessing, because the last two years of the site’s existence, it had been a huge time waster and brain drain for me.  To this day, I have no idea why I even stayed around, because the trolling and meanness had gotten that horrible.  Maybe one day those few will grow up and actually act human online.  But, I doubt it.  I’ve been watching that small bunch on the one site they all seemed to have joined together.  I think if the site owner would get rid of the anonymous feature altogether.  BTW, that is the ONLY site I am a part of these days where there is such a feature.  It is also an outdated feature.  People want to know who they are dealing with. I also believe that is why nobody new sticks around.  

I do have fond memories of the old Cafemom.  I really do.  To bad, the first thing I think of when I think of a place that I had devoted a significant portion time to, is the negative aspects of the place.  Cafemom is the only dead site that I had been a part of that still has that affect on me.  It is also the only site where everybody didn’t migrate to a new home together.  I think it would have been nice if we all could have moved to one place together, but that is not how it worked out.  I guess one could look at that from a positive view, by saying that we all were a unique and diverse group of women.  And it is true, we all were a unique and diverse group of women.  I got better acquainted with many of those women when I joined the facebook groups.  Thank the good Lord there were more women who were real and genuine than those who weren’t.  I’m no longer a part of those facebook groups.  As tie has passed, I have moved on to new and different things, joining new groups and sites along the way.  

I wish everybody I had gotten to know and interacted with over the years I had been an active part of Cafemom the best that life has to offer.  But, as far as the site itself, I say Good Riddance.  

What was my screen name?  I don’t remember.  But I do remember how immature and mean people had gotten toward the end.  Sadly, that immaturity and meanness is the first thing I remember.  But I sure do have the time these days to pursue what matters to me.

• chaosity

Leader
      11/18/2019 at 10:52 AM

Well if you miss the drama, bullying, and meanness you can still get that from one of the other group/forums lol.

I am really happy with the two groups that choose Tiki – Time Out and Why’s ladies. These ladies are just peaceful they come they chat they do their thing. They don’t cause trouble or drama. It is really nice. I think it is too bad that people mainly went to CM for the drama. I admit I went for the drama. But it has been a pleasure serving the ladies that settled in Tiki. I am hoping they can adapt to Chaos. If not maybe in time. At least they have a safe place to go. 

Thank you for sharing! I hope you will be a part of our quiet little group. I do not think it is neccessary to have a busy bloated group to be successful  GrinningSometimes smaller is better Grinning

~ Living in Chaos ~

• kika

11/18/2019 at 7:38 AM

I’m here to say hi. I was on CafeMom as Kika.Fleur for the few years that Time Out for You resided there, and was in fact member number 2. We had been a group that migrated from iVillage when we were unhappy the way the direction the message boards were going there. 

When CM folded I was in a few groups here and there, but right now I don’t even know where to find the ones that aren’t on TIKI. I miss talking to more than a few people that used to post on CM. I think I was also one of the few lucky ones that didn’t get trolled badly on the CM-owned boards, though I didn’t post that often there, either.

• chaosity

Leader
      11/18/2019 at 10:37 AM

Hi Kika do not worry about the migrations. I will it as smooth as possible. I iViilage forums. Those were one of the first forums on the internet.

~ Living in Chaos ~

• lindar

11/25/2019 at 6:53 AM

Hey Kika, I totally remember you!  Nice to read something from you again.

• kahil

11/18/2019 at 2:16 PM

Hi all!  I was known as novamommy  on CafeMom.  I was a co-owner of Older Mommy 40 Plus.  You could mostly find me there.  I also belonged to a few doggie groups, another 40 something group, Trivia Insanity/Junction, Newcomers group as well as some other groups that I can’t remember the names.  I am on FB often know but miss the no drama of CafeMom(I know CM was full of drama but i limited myself to the no drama groups).

My kids are 13 & 11, soon to be 14&12, so I have been busy with teen & pre-teen “drama” recently.

• chaosity

Leader
      11/19/2019 at 12:35 AM

Have you found a place with some of the regulars you hung out with? I was just responding to Vicky about many gatherings in the FB groups which makes it hard to find them. 

Oh, and we currently have a Tween and Teen Titan group here and looking for active participants. Several of us here have tweens and teens. The 40s and Older have a forum but I have been connecting with them on FB. 

I sometimes miss the drama it reminded me how my life is actually normal RoflStuck Out Tongue Winking Eye

I was telling a friend that the CM drama was unique something about it that made it a standout reason we all kept going back. I also participated in friendship groups as well. But the drama was unique. I know several people tried to reduplicate the CM drama style and it isn’t the same. It lost its spark when CM closed.

~ Living in Chaos ~

• kahil

11/19/2019 at 9:47 PM

Yeah, I miss Cafemom drama sometimes.  I belonged to a few groups just so I could read the drama.  I would reply in a tame post in the group about once a month to stay active.  

I still keep up with a few people on Facebook, but I never joined any Cafemom groups.  My husband retired last year so I don’t spend as much time online that I used to.

• Vicky

11/18/2019 at 2:56 PM

WOW!  A Cafemom reunion.  Cannot believe it has been over a year since it has shut down.  My name on CM was tvschiulaz & I lurked in the graphic design groups and was admin to many friendship groups.  I am on Facebook now with many fellow Cafemomers who I have kept in touch with.  I miss CM’s groups terribly.  

• chaosity

Leader
      11/19/2019 at 12:30 AM

Hey Vicky Grinning

Thanks for stopping by. I think a lot of the Cafemom folks ended up connecting on Facebook through the FB groups. That makes it hard for others to find them though. Not sure they realize that. I do suspect that many are in FB groups so everyone just kind of disappeared even though they are still connected.

I am hoping next year we will have better luck tracking people down. It would be nice to do a reunion see where everyone is and what they have been up to.

~ Living in Chaos ~

• steph

11/19/2019 at 9:20 AM

Momof337 for 9 years

Time out for you

Boomer Babes-no drama mamas

Simply Siggies

MOM

40ish 

I’m originally from Ma,lived in Fl,Me now Sc.Married 33 yrs. 3 adult kids,3 grandkids 

Sometimes 😊

• chaosity

Leader
      11/19/2019 at 3:41 PM

I remember you Grinning

~ Living in Chaos ~

• chrissy

11/19/2019 at 9:31 AM

I miss cafe mom so much ,my name is Ricksmama or Chrissy I’ve been hanging out in tiki hut on tofy

Ricksmama

• Susan

11/19/2019 at 1:58 PM

Hey all. Suzi here 

I was known as Brooklyn.   Lol.    Just wanted to say hello 

I loved cafemom.   40ish and beyond was my fav group.   Hope all are well 

• chaosity

Leader
      11/19/2019 at 3:42 PM

They still have a group, several of them.

~ Living in Chaos ~

• why123

11/26/2019 at 9:58 AM

I remember you.

Forever in Blue Jeans

• Alaina

11/19/2019 at 3:31 PM

Hello y’all…was known as Star(light) in 40ish.  I joined when Cafemom first started but floated around till finding mama and her group.  I had no close friends with kids my age..dd had stared K and I was lonely.  Was married but now divorced.  My oldest is going to make me a grandmother soon!!  Live in East Texas w/my youngest..she was 6 then, 22now😯

• chaosity

Leader
      11/19/2019 at 3:43 PM

Wow! Congratulations!

~ Living in Chaos ~

• kelanne

11/20/2019 at 9:57 PM

Hi, I’m Kelly (or Kel) I was Kel13lighthouse at CM.  I was the last owner of Trivia Insanity, later changed the name to Trivia Junction.  Was in several groups. 40ish and Beyond, Time out for you and others (that I honestly can’t remember the names of).  Not much has changed since CM closed.  Read more and sadly watch way too much TV.  Browse FB at least once a day to check in with family and groups I am in.  But I am not online much with my carple tunnel syndrom. (fingers are going numb just typing this) (SIGH) Still working as a Retail Merchandiser with my hubby.  

TTFN! 

• chaosity

Leader
      11/21/2019 at 11:59 PM

I have been watching more tv as well. At least since I quit my job LOL. It was nice catching up with tv drama πŸ˜› 

~ Living in Chaos ~

• atlmom2

11/22/2019 at 4:58 PM

What groups did you hang out at?   The Cafe and Mom with teens and Mom’s with adult kids the most.  I was in a lot of groups.  

Do you still visit Cafemom and read their blogs?  No

Do you miss it?   Yes

What do you miss the most?   My friends

What do you not miss?  The drama

Where are you hanging out now?  Facebook groups and tikihut 

Tell us how you have been doing. Has your life been better since the community shut down?

My husband retired and we are in Florida 7 months a year now.  We will be first time grandparents in the spring.  

My name was atlmom2 on cafemom.  

• hurricane

11/22/2019 at 6:29 PM

Hola

• chaosity

Leader
      11/22/2019 at 6:47 PM

Howdy

~ Living in Chaos ~

• 12skipafew

11/23/2019 at 7:44 AM

I’ve been running momconfessions.net and chasing after 3 kids. I was 12skipafew on cm and hung out in mc

What groups did you hang out at? Mom confessions 

Do you still visit Cafemom and read their blogs? Nope

Do you miss it? No, I’m busy with momconfessions.net and most people seemed to have ended up there 

What do you miss the most? Not being responsible lol 

What do you not miss? πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

Where are you hanging out now? Momconfessions.net 

Tell us how you have been doing. Has your life been better since the community shut down? It turned more chaotic and I basically created a full time job that costs me money lol 

• chaosity

Leader
      11/23/2019 at 12:59 PM

Hi Skipafew!

I hope it isn’t costing too much! I know Tiki was a really expensive but the platform became quickly outdated. It is a lot of work! Glad you stopped by. 

~ Living in Chaos ~

• debrajm

11/24/2019 at 9:21 PM

Hi, my username used to be Powermomof2 ! 

And I miss Cafemom so very much!! What I loved the most about being a member was that I made some so totally awesome friends!! And it really was a wonderful experience! And TOFY was so totally awesome as well!! πŸ™‚ And I have just been busy with working… and I went through some pretty tough times, but everything is going great now! πŸ™‚ And I’m so glad to be here!! 

• lenore

11/25/2019 at 8:38 AM

Greetings, All! I was LEK19 (I think) in CafeMom. I joined years ago when I had a child again at an older age. I joined several groups at first at several sites but my standby was MWAK – Mom’s With Adult Kids at CafeMom. Some of us have been able to stay in touch thanks to You-Know-Who-You-Are! There is also a facebook group but I do not do facebook. I do miss some of the gals that did not migrate with us! Who knows? Maybe some day they will join us here.

I was also active in The Halloween Tree and The Christmas Tree. I do miss those games, gals and sharing ideas there since they moved to facebook. 

I wandered in and out of some of the other groups. There was some drama which to me was easy to avoid or participate in if I chose to. Some of what others might call drama was just a lively discussion to me as long as people weren’t mean-spirited.

I did migrate to a few other sites but have not stayed except for The Hut.

The biggest change in my life is becoming single again. I think I will be this way for awhile.

Hoping to see some old friends here!!!

• lenore

11/25/2019 at 8:40 AM

Oh, and I don’t go to CafeMom anymore.

• chaosity

Leader
      11/25/2019 at 8:56 AM

Lol

~ Living in Chaos ~

• why123

11/26/2019 at 10:08 AM

I was Why 123 and still am.  I spent most of my time in Moms With Adult Kids.  I joined Cafemom because my daughters were on it.  They were fond of the drama groups.  I did join a few of them because they were in them.  I have kept Moms With Adult Kids going on Tiki and here for those of us who do not do Facebook so I haven’t lost all of my friends.

Forever in Blue Jeans

• alwaysbusy2001

11/27/2019 at 8:32 PM

I was countrymomma81 on Cafemom. I had joined in 2007 after my daughter was born after seeing ads on MySpace. I started out in a group called The Debate Team or something like that. Then I was a mod for a sports mom group that shut down and then 30somethings. I spent a lot of time in 30 somethings and Time Out For You. 

I’m about to start community college in January. My children are now 17 and 12. They keep us busy as always. 

• chaosity

Leader
      11/28/2019 at 4:00 AM

Good luck with school!

~ Living in Chaos ~

• islandgirly

11/28/2019 at 9:37 PM

I was islandgirly in cafemom. I think I joined late 2007.  I mostly hung out in TOFY. Now tiki and I stop in on facebook every once in a while. Work is so crazy I barely have time for anything anymore.

I don’t know a whole lot of details about cochlear implants but I do work in the deaf and hard of hearing industry as a CART provider and broadcast captioner.

• captainjack

11/30/2019 at 12:11 PM

Hi everyone I am Captainjack I was in Cafemom for years I think I joined in 2007.  I mostly hung out in TOFY now in Tiki and fb.   

Captianjack

• debrajm

12/01/2019 at 8:04 AM

Hi,  ladiesSlight Smile I was known as Powermomof2, and I joined CM back in 2012!! πŸ™‚ And I have so many fond memories,  though there was alot of bullying in some of the groups!! It was so wonderful to be a part of It!! And I made a lot of friends, which was totally awesome!! I have two daughters, ages 15 and 11. Oh, I’m so glad to be here!! πŸ™‚ 

Reply to: chaosity
Your information:

Cancel
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now