It’s clean your laundry room day
I think the laundry room often gets neglected because it is a bit of a pain too keep clean. Healthy laundry rooms are a happy home so we added in deep cleaning for the laundry room.
Here are some steps to help you complete the task.
- Wash the washer with white vinegar. I personally do this with my front loader instead of the chemical option you can buy at the store, and the risk of mold decreases when you do this. I do this weekly. I was shocked when I ran my washer two times how much soap suds are still trapped in the machine.
- Wipe down the interior of the dryer with vinegar and water (spray bottle)
- Vacuum the lint trap and lint trap area in the dryer remove as much built-up lint as possible
- Test the dryer airflow and detach the dryer coil and clean vent from the wall and dryer at least once or twice a year
- Clean the water nozzle and area where the washer disposes of the cycle water
- Wipe the outside of the appliances
- Vacuum and dust behind the appliances
The Rest of the Room
- Polish and wipe down all doors, cabinets, cupboards, shelves, bins, and other surfaces
- Clean windows
- Scrub up the sink and counter
- De-clutter and organize
- Remove mineral deposit and spray starch buildup on the iron
- Sweep/Mop/Vacuum/Shampoo rugs and floor.
What are some tasks you perform we did not mention?